Sunday, February 20, 2011

Red Neck Wine Glass

Here is Aunt Jackie using her glass  =)

I don't know if I am late for the party or early, But I haven't seen these out here in Blogland yet, so I thought I would show you mine.  I went to a SuperBowl Party and my Aunt Jackie came in with one. She received it as a gift.  Other people told me they have seen these in gift shops.  I knew immediately how to make it - so here goes. 

Dollar Tree Glass Candle Stick
Pint Size Canning Jar
E6000 glue


Turn the Canning jar upside down. Run a line of E6000 around the edge of the candle stick and center on top of jar bottom. Wipe away the excess glue.  I put a book on top to give it a little weight and ensure a good seal.  Let it set for 24 hours.
 Jackie's glass had the wide part of the candlestick glued to the bottom of the jar. I did mine just as it was so the "stem" of the new wine glass looked like a real wine glass. 


Cheers Everyone!  =)  

3 comments:

flyingbeader said...

Those are PERFECT! I'm going to make a pair for my friend & I to use when we go to Bead & Button in Milwaukee. I can see us now wandering around with our "special" wine glasses filled with pop...not soda mind you...pop!

Katherine said...

LOL! Love it! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!

M. Estes Zywar said...

Hi Robbin!
I just got your package in the mail!!
Thank you so much!! I JUST LOVE IT!!!!!
The candle in the pretty cup is lovely and smells soooo good too!!!!!
How clever you are! :O)
I am so happy I was one of your OWOH winners!
If you have a moment... Drop over to my blog and
check out my latest "Gift Away"! I am having in honor of my little Coco's First Birthday!
OH and before I forget...how clever is that red neck wine glass! It is hysterical!
Hugs, Mary