Saturday, June 19, 2010

Lamp Reveal


Finally I got around to downloading some pictures of what I have been up to. This lamp was my Nana's Mother's Day present. I saw some online and thought I could do it, but I attempted one at Christmas and I totally messed it up, so I gave up for a while. I got this lamp base at the Thrift Store for $3.84. The lamp already had a crackle finish, and I thought it looked good, so I left it and then I got all of the sea life from  the internet, printed and cut out. Then mod podge'd them to the lamp. I sprayed it with a sealer, once I was done. I had to buy a new lamp harp and shade. I really wanted a dark shade but Nana said she preferred this, due to the light factor. The shade came from Wal Mart for $10.00. So I invested a total of less than $25.00 and you can see by the article I clipped from house beautiful that these babies sell for (choke, choke) 2 grand.  I LOVE it, and so does Nana. I made it for her bedroom at the beach cottage but she insisted it go in the living room for people to see. I think she loves it too. I am currently working on a few others and will post once I finish. I soooo wish I had taken a picture of the lamp before I started. So here it is........Ta Da.......


Our family loves Crabs.  We get them steamed by the bushel, then all of us sit around and pick and eat and talk for hours.  Couldn't leave this guy off, and boy was he a challenge to cut out!



There is also a flounder for Nana, who loves fried flounder, and a horse shoe crab, in memory of my Pops, who was once pinched by one, when I was small, while we were crabbing.   Good memories, for sure.












1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks so great! What a good job!